Dentures or false teeth are usually placed at the missing teeth, which have been caused due to tooth decay, gum diseases, or any injuries. Dentures are placed not only on a few of the missing teeth, but also at some gums and the surrounding tissues.
A missing tooth can lead to sagging of facial muscles, which can change the overall structure of your face. Wearing a denture can help to improve the facial profile and change the overall appearance of your face. We have Orion Dental Specialties, which is the best for denture Cypress Tx. They have been helping people with different dental problems such as simple cleaning, dental implants, teeth whitening, crown, braces, and many more.
Before you decide upon wearing dentures, you need to know that there are various types of dentures available and it is important to know, which one will suit you well. You can also ask the professional to help you in this case, who can suggest you the one that looks better on you. To explore more dentist options, you can google for dentures near me. Several options would be suggested for you.
- Complete dentures: These are also called full dentures. They are placed in replacement of full sets of teeth. They sit on the top of the existing gums. they are customized in such a way that they can restore the shape and look of your natural teeth. They can help you to chew, grind and eat food just like you did with your natural teeth. this can be placed after 8-12 weeks after the tooth is removed.
- Partial dentures: These are used when your patient still has some of his natural teeth in the upper and the lower jaw. Here you will have a pink-colored base that is attached to the metal piece which can hold the dentures in the mouth. They are convenient to use and removable too which means you can remove them whenever you want. The advantage of partials is that they can prevent the tooth from moving. They are also made of acrylic material. For the best partial dentures Cypress Tx, again you have Orion dental that can help you with this.
- Custom dentures: These are natural-looking teeth that are more expensive as compared to the normal ones. They are customized as per your needs and you can even see them after it is made. Using them will make you have a natural smile.
- Immediate dentures: These dentures can be placed on the same day when your tooth is extracted and removed.
- Implant-supported dentures: Here a dental implant is used to provide support to your dentures. Here they provide a solid foundation that will allow the dentures to be secured in place. Dental implants help to make your smile look natural and long-lasting.
- Snap-in dentures: These are the best ones when you are looking for stability. They can keep your teeth secure in place with the help of dental implants or anchors. The uniqueness of this product is that it got locator attachments embedded in the tissue side of the dentures. These get snapped to the implants or the local receptors. They are very convenient when it comes to using and can be removed easily too. This method is preferable for people who do not have any teeth at all, but have strong bones to support.
- Overdentures: This sits on top of the gums and is held in place with the dental implants. They are placed on the upper or the lower jaw depending on the needs of the patient. This is also convenient and easy to remove.
- Upper dentures: This is just used for the upper jawline when you have teeth missing there.
- Economy dentures: As the name suggests, these are very cost-effective dentures that are made just to fit in the mouth but they look fake as they are secure enough to fit properly. You might need a denture adhesive when you need them to fit securely.
Candidate for Dentures
Men and women who had tooth loss are the best candidates for dentures. A false tooth is nothing like it is dependent on age but it is dependent on the condition of your teeth. You will require enough jawbone structure and healthy gum tissue. They will also need good support from the natural tissue to remain in place for a longer time. The most common age group of people who use dentures is of the age 65 and above.
Which dentures are best for you?
Certain factors need to be considered while choosing a denture for yourself.
- Finance: You need to check with your dentist for the cost as most of them are expensive and may not fit your budget.
- Comfort: It is up to you when it comes to comfort in using the. You might need something that can be permanent or removable.
- Dental requirements: Some dentures may need you to remove your existing teeth before they place a denture. It will all depend on your condition.
For any such requirements, it is always preferable to talk to your dentist for suggestion.