While homeowners are usually proactive when it comes to HVAC maintenance, they often forget about the air duct system. The indoor air quality of your home depends largely on the ductwork, and there are some telltale signs of possible issues. If you live in Laval, you can call nettoyage de conduits de ventilation Imperial for professional advice. In this post, we are sharing some more details about air duct cleaning and choosing the right service.
When should you call duct cleaners?
Ideally, you should get the ductwork of your home checked every two years. You may also need to call professionals on an urgent basis, if
- Your energy bills are extremely high
- There is a musty or unpleasant odor in the house
- You have found signs of mold
- Rodents and insects are thriving in the ducts
- Home residents are suffering from frequent allergies
How to choose a local service for air duct cleaning?
There are numerous companies that offer incredible services in various areas of Quebec. Make sure that the service you choose has the following –
- Liability insurance
- An in-house team of experts
- Is locally based, owned, and operated
- Has accreditations and certifications
- Offers a guarantee on the job
In addition to that, check if the company has been around for a while and has good reviews online.
Ask the right questions
When a company sends their air duct cleaning experts to your house, ask the following questions-
- What arrangements do I need to make before you start work?
- Is the estimate final? Can I get a discount?
- What if I am not happy with the job?
- Would you disinfect the air ducts?
- What components would be cleaned as a part of air duct cleaning?
- Can you share client references?
- Do you offer preventive maintenance programs?
- What can I do to prevent air duct contamination?
Cleaning the ductwork can take time and considerable effort. Make sure that you select a company that works in your community in Laval. You may also want to check if their workers are insured. The whole work may take a few hours, depending on the size of the house, but get a timeline for the job. As for the costs, it’s always wise to pay a reliable company rather than choosing a service for the price.
If the technicians have found mold or pests in your house, ask them about the steps they would take to tackle the situation.